Recipe for Date and Seed Power Balls
Ever feel run down during a long day at university or work and want a quick and easy but healthy snack to get you too your next meal? Power Balls are a healthy way to get you through. There is something for everyone; they are packed in healthy fruits and nuts and for those with a sweet tooth there is also some chocolate and syrup.
You will need: a blender and a fridge
- 85g Plain Chocolate
- 40g Sesame Seeds
- 40g Linseeds
- 100g Brazil Nuts (roughly chopped)
- 140g Medjool Dates
- 40g Goji Berries
- 40g Cranberries
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 40g Ground Coconut
- 6 tsp Syrup of your choice (maple/stroop)
*All of these ingredients can be found at the Market at Blaak, on Tuesday & Saturdays and at the Markthall or Albert Heijn*
- Chop up the Brazil Nuts, the Dates and the Chocolate.
- Put them in a blender and process them until they are mushed. You may need to use a spoon to move it around so that everything gets processed.
- Measure out 40g of Sesame Seeds and 40g of Linseeds.
- Add the seeds to the mix in the blender and process.
- Add the goji berries, cranberries and anything else you want to add and blend.
- Add a tablespoon of ground cinnamon and mix it in with a spoon.
- Add the syrup and mix everything together.
- Take out balls of the mixture and squish them together until they do not crumble.
- Roll them in coconut shavings.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Try your amazing creations!
You can store the Power Balls in the Fridge for a few weeks! So make sure you eat them all by then. This won’t be hard as they are very addictive.
By Olivia Hobden